Video answer: How fire burns in space
Top best answers to the question «Can fire burn underwater gasoline»
Actually, water extinguishes fire because it forms a separation between the fuel (such as charcoal) and the air around it. That's why we can't extinguish gasoline fire with water, because the gasoline floats on water and remains in contact with the air.
There would be no fire. Gasoline won't burn unless mixed with the right amount of oxygen, and there won't be any oxygen under the surface of an ocean made of gasoline.
It is not possible to start a fire into the mass of a liquid fuel, since there is no oxygen to sustain combustion.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Can fire burn underwater gasoline?» often ask the following questions:
🌊 Can a flare burn underwater?
Emergency flares do work underwater; it is actually part of the testing they go through to make sure they are effective. However, they only work when held vertically in the water. Now, most road flares are waterproof.
🌊 Can a head of a match burn underwater?
- The head of a match (which contains both fuel and oxidizer) can technically burn underwater, but that is much more difficult to achieve, since the resulting flame is not hot enough, and would be chilled by water to the point that the chain reaction of combustion stops.
🌊 Can you have fire underwater?
- Fire: Nonmagical fire (including alchemist’s fire) does not burn underwater. Spells or spell-like effects with the fire descriptor are ineffective underwater unless the caster makes a caster level check (DC 20 + spell level).
🌊 Do fuses burn underwater?
Once ignited, safety fuses will burn underwater, and have no external flame that might ignite methane or other fuels such as might be found in mines or other industrial environments.
🌊 Do metals burn underwater?
- To my knowledge, neither of these metals "burn" underwater. The word burn generally suggests that something reacts with oxygen. As others have stated above, these very active metals will react with water by displacing hydrogen as H2.
🌊 Do roadside flares burn underwater?
Emergency flares do work underwater; it is actually part of the testing they go through to make sure they are effective. However, they only work when held vertically in the water. Now, most road flares are waterproof… Often times, road flares and emergency flares will be used interchangeably.
🌊 Does magnesium burn underwater?
In what way and in what form does magnesium react with water? Magnesium fires cannot be extinguished by water. Magnesium continues to burn after oxygen is depleted.
🌊 Does phosphorus burn underwater?
White phosphorus is highly reactive, and spontaneously ignites at about 30°C in moist air… It is usually stored under water, to prevent exposure to the air. It is also extremely toxic, even in very small quantities.
🌊 Gusn that can fire underwater?
- Glocks can fire underwater. The reason being is that they are very cleverly designed to have all of their firing mechanisms inside the gun itself. The firing mechanism is entirely internal, compared to say the Beretta 92 which relies on a hammer.
Video answer: What fire crackers do in gasoline? tkor explores when firecrackers and gasoline mix!
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «Can fire burn underwater gasoline?» so you can surely find the answer!How do you make fire burn underwater?
How would it be possible for fire to exist underwater? - Quora. Simple, it just needs to bring its own oxygen and either burn hot enough to overcome water's cooling or be somehow insulated from the water. Thermite, once burning, will happily burn under water.How does fire burn underwater?
But there are kinds of combustion which work underwater. Probably the best-known is magnesium. You can light a strip of magnesium, and the combustion actually produces oxygen, which is then used to sustain the combustion.What can guns fire underwater?
- A common feature of underwater firearms or needleguns is that they fire flechettes or spear-like bolts instead of standard bullets. These may be fired by pressurised gas. This section needs expansion.
- The combustible gas, which might be hydrogen or acetylene, depending on the application, can be combined with oxygen gas (the oxidizer) to produce an underwater flame at the tip of the torch.
Does magnesium burn underwater?
- Magnesium reacts with water to produce hydrogen and a lot of heat. Metallic magnesium reacts only slowly, but magnesium vapour, produced when Mg burns, reacts extremely quickly due to the high temperature and efficient mixing, and produces heat very rapidly. Hence the explosion when water is added to burning magnesium.
Video answer: Pouring liquid nitrogen in a pool - (i set my pool on fire!!)Will thermite burn underwater?
It burns well while wet, and cannot be easily extinguished with water—though enough water to remove sufficient heat may stop the reaction. Small amounts of water boil before reaching the reaction. Even so, thermite is used for welding under water.