Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Underwater volcanic mountain?» often ask the following questions:
🌊 What is an underwater volcanic mountain?
- What is underwater mountain of volcanic material?
- What is the underwater mountain of volcanic material?
- Whats another word for a underwater volcanic mountain?
🌊 Is an underwater volcanic mountain an island?
No. It is a seamount. it is not an island until it the top of it goes above sea level.
- What is underwater volcanic activity?
- How hot are underwater volcanic vents?
- What are underwater volcanic mountains called?
🌊 What is an underwater volcanic mountain called?
A sea mount.
- What do underwater volcanic eruptions cause?
- How do scientists study underwater volcanic eruptions?
- What is produced by underwater volcanic activity?
1 other answer
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «Underwater volcanic mountain?» so you can surely find the answer!Underwater mountain chain?
The mid Atlantic ridge is an underwater mountain chain.
- Spreading center eruptions typically produce a rock called basalt, which is the principal rock that makes up oceanic crust. Although these eruptions can be locally violent, the style of eruptions can result in the deformation of the Earth’s crust, closely resembling the eruptions of Hawaiian volcanoes.
- Volcanic eruptions in shallow water can throw underwater material into the air. The Hawaiian islands were formed due to such volcanic eruptions. One of the latest examples of underwater volcanic eruptions is Surtsey island, south Iceland. The earth surface under the sea was literally lifted up during the eruption,...
- But underwater volcanic eruptions have a greater negative impact because there will be further consequences and potentially many fatalities and can accelerate the cause of global warming. Here are some dangers of the underwater volcano:
- Underwater mountains of volcanic origin are called seamounts. Systems of underwater mountains? Systems of underwater mountains are called mid ocean ridges. They are larger than land mountains and have longer chains of them.
I am sorry but we can't answer because we don't know what you want to know. You have written a statement and not a question. Please clarify what you want.
How many volcanoes erupted in the world in 2018?
- There were 80 confirmed eruptions at some point during 2018 from 75 different volcanoes; 37 of those were new eruptions that started during the year. A stop date with " (continuing)" indicates that the eruption was considered to be ongoing as of the date indicated.
it creates an island usually. :)
- Fish died or disappeared in the wake of the underwater eruption, which also killed a massive amount of plankton in deep waters. In their place, a community of carbon-eating bacteria sprung up, many of which shone with bright green fluorescence.
- This is known as volcanic eruption. Volcanic eruptions in shallow water can throw underwater material into the air. The Hawaiian islands were formed due to such volcanic eruptions. One of the latest examples of underwater volcanic eruptions is Surtsey island, south Iceland.
- These boundaries allow super-heated molten rock called magma, along with ash and gases, to rise through Earth’s crust and emerge on the surface, often dramatically. Since many plate boundaries are submerged, around three-quarters of all volcanic activity on Earth actually occurs underwater.
- A mid-ocean ridge or mid-oceanic ridge is an underwater mountain range, formed by plate tectonics. This uplifting of the ocean floor occurs when convection currents rise in the mantle beneath the oceanic crust and create magma where two tectonic plates meet at a divergent boundary.
no there is not
A seamount is an underwater mountain. A rise is an underwater mountain range located where tectonic plates are spreading apart. A rise is also known as a mid-ocean ridge.What are underwater mountain chains?
- It is composed of the Hawaiian ridge, consisting of the islands of the Hawaiian chain northwest to Kure Atoll, and the Emperor Seamounts: together they form a vast underwater mountain region of islands and intervening seamounts, atolls, shallows, banks and reefs along a line trending southeast to northwest beneath the northern Pacific Ocean.
It is exactly as it sounds. It is a range of mountains, just like the Rockies or the Himalayan mountains above water, but entirely submerged in the ocean.
You may be surprised to learn that Everest is not the tallest mountain on Earth, either. That honor belongs to Mauna Kea, a volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii. Mauna Kea originates deep beneath the Pacific Ocean, and rises more than 33,500 feet from base to peak.Which mountain range is underwater? The longest mountain range on Earth is called the mid-ocean ridge. Spanning 40,389 miles around the globe, it's truly a global landmark. About 90 percent of the mid-ocean ridge system is under the ocean. Can we measure the heat generated from underwater volcanic eruptions?
- There have been attempts to measure the heat generated from underwater volcanic eruptions. They attempted that off the East Pacific Rise, which is a point in the ocean floor where continents move apart. This is where magma contained in the Earth’s core rises to the surface and pours from underwater volcanoes.
there is none.
No, because as the magma rises from underwater volcanoes it heats the water causing it to rise. The magma then solidifies. Therefore when the volcano is active it is always heating the water around it. When the magma stops flowing then the volcano will solidify.
Which is harder Mount Everest or K2 mountain?
- K2 Mountain, also called Mount Chogori, is located on the border between China and Pakistan. It is the world’s second highest mountain after Mount Everest. But it is harder to climb K2 Mountain than to climb Mount Everest, making K2 the hardest mountain as well as the most dangerous mountain on earth to climb.
It's formed by the movement of the Earth's tectonic plates. As the great plates push apart, mountains and valleys form along the seafloor as magma rises up to fill the gaps. As the Earth's crust spreads, new ocean floor is created.How do underwater mountain ranges form?
A mid-ocean ridge or mid-oceanic ridge is an underwater mountain range, formed by plate tectonics. This uplifting of the ocean floor occurs when convection currents rise in the mantle beneath the oceanic crust and create magma where two tectonic plates meet at a divergent boundary.What are underwater mountain chains called?
i believe that underwater mountain chains that form by magma coming through rift zones are mid-ocean ridges.