Top best answers to the question «What happens to explosions underwater»
According to  53% of energy from an underwater explosion (UNDEX) is released in a form of a shock wave. The rest of the energy is used for a gas bubble pulsation (Upon detonation of high explosive, TNT, RDX, PETN etc. highly compressed gas bubble is formed along with a shock-wave in the surrounding water).
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What happens to explosions underwater?» often ask the following questions:
🌊 Are explosions worse underwater?
The heights of surface waves generated by deep underwater explosions are greater because more energy is delivered to the water.
- Are underwater explosions more dangerous?
- Can you have explosions underwater?
- What are the types of underwater explosions?
🌊 Can explosions happen underwater?
- An underwater explosion (also known as an UNDEX) is a chemical or nuclear explosion that occurs under the surface of a body of water. Underwater explosions differ from in-air explosions due to the properties of water :
- How do underwater seismologists detect underwater explosions?
- What are the different types of underwater explosions?
- Can there be fire underwater explosions?
🌊 Explosions underwater are more?
The type of explosion may be chemical or nuclear. They are categorised in accordance with their depth beneath the water's surface, because this has a strong influence on their effects. The heights of surface waves generated by deep underwater explosions are greater because more energy is delivered to the water.
- What is the difference between shallow and deep underwater explosions?
- What happens when an earthquake happens underwater?
- What's the difference between shallow and deep underwater explosions?
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «What happens to explosions underwater?» so you can surely find the answer!Why are explosions underwater more dangerous than on land?
Which is more dangerous, an underwater explosion or a land explosion?
- If you chose to jump in the pool rather than endure the explosion on land, we have some bad news for you: You made a disastrous decision. Assuming the blast from both hand grenades was identical in strength and that you were the same distance from either blast, the underwater explosion, also known as an UNDEX, would be far more dangerous.
- The longest wavelengths, with the lowest energy, are absorbed first. Red is the first to be absorbed, followed by orange & yellow. The colors disappear underwater in the same order as they appear in the color spectrum. Even water at 5ft depth will have a noticeable loss of red.
The Wookieepedia Lightsaber article states: Water: All lightsabers, unless specially made, would short out when they were submerged in water, due to rapid chain reactions and the instant overpowering of water on the blade. In rain, a lightsaber would steam up, but not short out.What happens to noise underwater?
Sound travels faster in water compared with air because water particles are packed in more densely. Thus, the energy the sound waves carry is transported faster. This should make the sound appear louder.What happens to red underwater?
- Red is the first color to disappear, at a depth of 15 feet (which is why underwater photographers often use red filters to restore red colors in their pictures).” It still doesn’t explain red baits, hooks, etc. Some people say the red just goes dark or black. I don’t get it.
Here, a defender grabs an ankle to keep her opponent from swimming away with the ball. This move is illegal and would normally be called as an exclusion foul, but it happens often underwater.How do you get rid of radiation from underwater explosions?
- Plain distillation or evaporating water (clouds, humidity, and precipitation) removes radiation contamination, leaving behind the radioactive salts. Effects of an underwater explosion depend on several things, including distance from the explosion, the energy of the explosion, the depth of the explosion, and the depth of the water.
- Water exerts higher (about 250 times more pressure) pressure on the surface of the earth than air. This higher pressure can lead to an underwater explosion. Magma is present in the mantle, the layer below the earth's crust.
Hurricanes generate high waves, rough undercurrents, and shifting sands, all of which may harm sea life… As the hurricane moves toward shore, the underwater tumult can cause shifting sands and muddy shallow waters, blocking the essential sunlight on which corals and other sea creatures rely.What happens during underwater initiation ( ukuthwasa )?
- Sangomas would hardly tell you about what really happens during underwater initiation (Ukuthwasa). A journey under the water. Becoming a Sangoma is something determined by ancestors for that particular. It is not something you choose, you are chosen and when it happens you can not run away from it when it got you, it got you.
As for the fate of the cities, The Hague, Amsterdam, Utrecht and Rotterdam will become submerged, with Amsterdam's canals becoming diver's paradise… High-rise parts of cities in the west and the largest coastal dune areas such as Texel, Schoorl and Schouwen will become islands.What happens if mortgage is underwater?
An underwater mortgage, sometimes called an upside-down mortgage, is a home loan with a higher principal than the home is worth. This happens when property values fall but you still need to repay the original balance of your loan.What happens if you breathe underwater?
Drowning happens when a person is underwater and breathes water into the lungs. The airway (larynx) can spasm and close, or water can damage the lungs and keep them from taking in oxygen. In either case, the lungs can't supply oxygen to the body. This can be deadly.What happens if you cry underwater?
The stuff still comes out, but it just mixes into the water. Though you may die if you are crying underwater as when you cry, well, when I cry, you get all emotional (well, you have to if you are crying) and breathe heavily a lot and as you can't breathe underwater (unless you are connected to an airtank), you die.What happens if you gasp underwater?
- If you gasp underwater, you will immediately drown, according to National Center for Cold Water Safety. This is a huge gasp that totally fills up the lungs. By then water is able to passively enter the lungs.
Living underwater could also change human beings. Explorer Jacques Cousteau thought living underwater would cause people to evolve. He said humans could become a new species, Homo aquaticus. Human bodies would be bigger to limit heat loss.What happens if you sneeze underwater?
Sneezing is possible underwater - though not likely. This is rather like the duck's echo – just because you have never heard one, doesn't mean it's impossible. Sneezing underwater isn't very likely because dust, allergens and bright sunlight – the three things that normally provoke a sneeze – are all absent.What happens if you swimming underwater?
- Swimming Underwater can have dire consequences. Shallow Water Blackout happens when a swimmer or diver faints in shallow water, which is less than 16 feet (5 meters) deep. Typically the victim hyperventilates before diving or swimming underwater, then dives or swims while holding her breath.
- When welding underwater, you produce a thick layer of bubbles that prevent the electricity from encountering the water. So, making sure that your flux coating is always working is especially important. A small slip up and the electricity would meet the water and likely electrocute you.
- Underwater landslides are common features on steep continental margins. Sediment and rock move down a slope dramatically under gravity, just like similar mass wasting events that occur on land, such as landslides and avalanches.
Water is 800% more dense than air, so unlike a bullet fired above the surface, once the bullet hits the water it immediately begins slowing down, the Science Channel explains. And instead of barreling towards Wahl, the bullet slows and falls to the bottom of the pool.What happens to a car underwater?
- When your car is underwater, it means you owe more money than it’s worth. Let’s say you took out a loan to buy a car, around $10,000. Now after some time has passed your car is worth $7,000 but for whatever reason, be it interest or missing payments, you still owe $8,500. This is what it means to be under water or to have an upside down car loan.
- Your ears pop when you dive deep underwater because the (water) pressure at greater depths is higher than the pressure at the surface. Since your ears are used to the atmospheric pressure at sea level (i.e. 14.7 PSI), the eardrum bends inwards due to the pressure difference between the inner ear and the surrounding water.